Saturday, July 7, 2012
What if I Don’t Eat Meat?!!
The best way to include Vegan/Vegetarian diet into the menu is to pump up the flavor! This way your guests will be able to experience your lifestyle and maybe start eating a little healthier too!
· American Style Entrées:
- Rice with slivered almonds and snap peas
- Southern fried mock chicken with BBQ sauce- basically non- meat chicken
- Seitan meatloaf with mushroom gravy- similar to turkey meatloaf, but is made from nuts, rice, ect.
- Lemon-rosemary mock chicken
- Mushroom ragout with pasta
- Refried black beans and tomato rice with guacamole
- Sweet plantains and corn tortillas with pico de gallo
- Stuffed butternut squash
- Peppers stuffed with rice and vegetables
· Mediterranean-style Entrees:
- Spicy ratatouille served over rice- VERY GOOD!
- Couscous stuffed portabello mushrooms
- Pasta primavera with seasonal vegetables with sauteed onions or marinara sauce
- Mushroom phyllo roulade with smoked-paprika crème
- Tofu-squash ravioli in a cashew cream sauce
- Roasted bell peppers stuffed with bulgur, herbs, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and toasted pine-nut stuffing
- Roasted vegetable lasagna with vegan ricotta, broccoli rabe with white beans, sundried tomatoes, chili, and garlic
· Yummy Side Dishes!
- Garlic Mashed potatoes
- Herb roasted vegetables
- Collard greens
- Sauteed vegetable ragout
- Vegetable skewers with garlic and rosemary
- Endive and apple haroseth salad
- Fruit skewers
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Stir-fried sugar snap peas with shiitake mushrooms
- Mini spinach quiches
- Faux farmer's cheese and caramelized onions in a puff pastry
- Crudite with dips like cannelini, black bean, hummus, or spicy artichoke Grilled Veggie brochettes (could be mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, chives, herbs, etc)
- Tomato bruschetta brushed with olive oil
- Lemon-potato pancakes with gingered avocado creme
- Stuffed grape leaves
For help planning your perfect wedding contact email@example.com or call 248-408-4602 or visit http://www.yourethebride.com/